- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless; (approx. 1.5 lb)
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Step 1
- Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2
- Stir in tomatoes and garlic. Add spinach, cover, and cook for about 3 minutes until spinach is soft. Remove from heat.
- Step 3
- Let mixture cool slightly; stir in Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Step 4
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Step 5
- Beginning in the center of the thicker end of the breast, insert a small knife horizontally, stopping about 1 inch from opposite end. Open incision to create a 1-inch-wide pocket and pack 1/4 of the filling mixture into each breast.
- Step 6
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning blend and place in 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Step 7
- Pour broth over chicken. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 40 minutes. 8. Keep warm until served.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.