1 6 ounce bag
Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded
Parmesan cheese, shredded
chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless; (approx. 1.5 lb)
Italian seasoning blend
low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and garlic. Add spinach, cover, and cook for about 3 minutes until spinach is soft. Remove from heat.
- Let mixture cool slightly; stir in Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beginning in the center of the thicker end of the breast, insert a small knife horizontally, stopping about 1 inch from opposite end. Open incision to create a 1-inch-wide pocket and pack 1/4 of the filling mixture into each breast.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning blend and place in 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Pour broth over chicken. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 40 minutes. 8. Keep warm until served.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.