green cabbage, chilled, outer leaves removed
purple cabbage, for color
fresh cilantro, washed, dried
organic roasted peanut butter, smooth unsalted
extra virgin olive oil
coconut milk, as needed
agave nectar, to taste
ginger, to taste
sea salt, to taste
juice from one big lime
For the peanut dressing:
1/3 cup smooth unsalted organic roasted peanut butter
1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice from one big lime
1 tablespoon coconut milk, as needed
1-2 teaspoons agave nectar, to taste
A pinch of ginger, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
- Cut the cabbage in thirds; chop off the core section; and shred the wedges into thin strips. You can do this by hand with a large sharp chef knife or a grater/shredder. Toss into a colander. Shred some purple cabbage, for color. Add it to the green cabbage. Rinse in cold water and pat dry. Dump the cabbage into a salad bowl.
- Roughly cut off most of the cilantro stems and add the cilantro into the bowl. Toss to distribute.
- Make your dressing (I use a large glass measuring cup to whisk my salad dressings). Combine the peanut butter, olive oil, lime juice, and coconut milk and whisk till smooth. Add the agave, a little ginger, and sea salt, to taste.
- If the dressing needs to be a little thinner, add more coconut milk or lime juice, a tablespoon at a time. Taste test to balance the creamy, salty and tart flavors.
- Pour the dressing onto the slaw and toss lightly until well coated. Cover and chill until serving.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to