Substitute any vegetable you like for any of those listed below.
- 2 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, with loose outer leaves removed, cut in half (1/2 pound)
- 2 1/2 cups yellow squash or zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large tomato, diced (or 2 small)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- Step 1
- Put Brussels sprouts, squash, and a couple tablespoons of water in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on HIGH until vegetables are lightly cooked. Drain well.
- Step 2
- Add oil and garlic to large nonstick frying pan or skillet and heat over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the Brussels sprouts, squash, and tomato. Sauté for a few minutes, or until vegetables reach desired doneness. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and serve.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.