- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red or sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 chipotle chilies, dried, reconstituted, drained, and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 11 ounces black beans, (uncooked weight)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup zucchini, or yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 8 tortillas, warmed
- Step 1
- Place black beans in a medium saucepan with water and cover.
- Step 2
- Stir in half the minced Chipotle chilies and garlic. Cook beans according to package directions; drain.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, stir together tomatoes, zucchini, and bell pepper.
- Step 4
- Arrange warm black beans, tomato mixture, lettuce, and cheese in separate serving bowls.
- Step 5
- For each serving: Take one flour tortilla, sprinkle with lettuce, spoon on black beans, tomato zucchini mixture, and cheese. Top with salsa and cilantro as desired.
- Step 6
- Combine tomatoes, half the Chipotle chilies, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Step 7
- Set aside to allow flavors to blend (cover and chill if preparing more than 30 minutes ahead).
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.