- 4 cups romain lettuce, shredded, or substitute other types of lettuce
- 1 cup vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 green onions, white and part of the green, chopped
- 2/3 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or use soy cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1/3 cup favorite salsa
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 ounces reduced-fat tortilla chips, broken slightly, or use regular tortilla chips
- Step 1
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, green onions, kidney beans, cheese, and black olives, if desired, in a large serving bowl and toss to blend.
- Step 2
- In a 2 cup measure, blend salsa with sour cream until fairly smooth. Drizzle over the salad ingredients and toss to blend well.
- Step 3
- Sprinkle the chip pieces over the tops and serve!
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.