This side dish contains vegetables rich in vitamins A and C.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/3 cups carrot slices, cut at the diagonal
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon minced or chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger, or 1/8 teaspoon powdered
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Step 1
- Heat large, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil, turning the pan to coat well. Add the vegetables and saute for a minute.
- Step 2
- Add in the chicken broth, garlic, and ginger, and toss to blend. Cook about 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add more chicken broth if more moisture is needed.
- Step 3
- Reduce heat to medium-low, push the vegetables to one side of the frying pan, and stir in the soy sauce and cornstarch mixture. Heat and stir until thickened (about a minute). Stir in the vegetables to coat with the sauce.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.