WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 35 mins
In this salad, saucy, lemony beans stand in for a warm dressing, coating the arugula and wilting it just a bit to mellow its naturally assertive character. Add a piece of warm crusty bread and a glass of crisp white wine to make this an excellent light supper.
- 1 ounce prosciutto
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups arugula
- Step 1
- Cook prosciutto in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Step 2
- Add oil to the pan and place over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, being careful not to brown the garlic, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in beans and broth; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add lemon juice, parsley and pepper; stir to combine. Place arugula in a large bowl. Add the bean mixture and toss to coat. Top with the prosciutto.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com