Peppery watercress and tangy Roquefort are a sophisticated addition to deviled eggs.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh watercress, plus 24 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Halve eggs. Scoop out yolks, reserving 6 for another use. Mash the remaining 6 yolks in a small bowl. Mix in breadcrumbs, sour cream, chopped watercress, Roquefort and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the yolk mixture into the hollows in the egg whites and garnish each egg with a sprig of watercress. Arrange on a platter.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com