WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 15 mins
Watercress and Belgian endive are topped with fresh corn kernels, grated egg and a simple lemon vinaigrette for a stunning first-course salad.
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups watercress, tough stems removed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip), grated through the large holes of a box grater
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 heads Belgian endive, trimmed and leaves separated
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and salt in a large bowl. Add watercress, egg and corn; toss to combine. To serve, arrange about 6 endive leaves on each salad plate in the shape of a star and top with about 1 cup of the salad. Season with pepper.
Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com