WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 45 mins
This fragrant "white" chili is an unusual, delicious alternative to traditional tomato-based chilis. Serve with lime wedges and a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheese.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 15-ounce cans great northern beans, rinsed
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked skinless turkey, or chicken
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chiles, oregano, cumin and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in beans and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add turkey (or chicken) and vinegar; cook for 5 minutes more. Serve.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com