- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups sweet onion, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, roasted or grilled; or skinless meat from 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 cups whole-wheat blend pasta, boiled and drained; like Barilla Plus penne pasta
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth, canned or reconstituted from packets
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped fresh herb blend, such as parsley, sage and oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Add olive oil to large nonstick sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add celery, mushrooms and onion and sauté until vegetables are lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Step 2
- Stir in shredded chicken, garlic, and black pepper, and toss to blend well.
- Step 3
- Add the pasta, chicken broth, and fresh herbs and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover pot and let simmer about 10-15 minutes.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.