WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 10 mins
Sweet maple syrup turns grits in a northerly direction. Milk adds creaminess and gives this satisfying breakfast staying power.
- 1 cup low-fat milk, or water
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits, (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons raisins, dried cranberries or chopped dried fruit
- Step 1
- Bring milk (or water), syrup and salt to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Slowly whisk in grits, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with dried fruit.
Note: Look for quick grits near oatmeal and other hot cereals or near cornmeal in the baking aisle.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com