Oct. 1, 2013 -- Today the online “doors” swing open on the new health insurance Marketplaces. In every state and in Washington, D.C., millions of uninsured Americans will be able to shop for and buy health insurance offered through the Affordable Care Act. Despite years of preparation, that’s news to most Americans. More than 70% of people without insurance don’t realize that today is opening day of a 6-month open enrollment period, according to a poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Whether you know about the Marketplaces or are learning about them for the first time, WebMD has a number of resources ready to help. They include:
- Live chat today, noon to 1 p.m.: Our experts answer questions live about Day 1 of enrollment.
- WebMD Answers: Health care reform experts give timely answers to your questions.
- Health Insurance Advisor: This tool will help you compare plans specific to your health needs.
- State Marketplace Map: Learn more about what’s offered in your state.
- Affordable Care Act Center: Tools and resources to help you understand the health care reform law.