How to Ease the Financial Pain of Sports Injuries
5. Review Your Household Budget
Even if you qualify for disability income assistance, you're likely to get less than your salary. State and federal programs cap payments at 80% of pre-disability income level, for instance.
Serious sports injuries often require extensive medical care. So you may now be facing large medical bills. Take these steps:
- List all the bills you must pay each month.
- Estimate how much you need for food and other essentials.
- Then estimate how much money you will be taking in.
- If your income falls short of your costs, look for ways to trim expenses.