Cardiac Rehabilitation - Phases of Cardiac Rehab
Outpatient programs: Phase II, Phase III, and Phase IV continued...
During this time you may also see your doctor regularly to
treat other medical conditions, including high cholesterol and high blood
Cardiac rehab during
phase III, and
phase IV usually includes:
- Close monitoring and supervision during the
early part of your exercise program.
- Preparing you to return to
work and the recreational activities you enjoyed before your heart problems.
Your work or leisure activities may need to be modified.
counseling for you and your family to help you
keep a lifestyle of healthy habits that will lower your risk of having
further heart problems.
- Taking care of your emotional health. Regaining your emotional well-being and getting help for depression are important
parts of cardiac rehab.
- Making a plan to help you start a safe home exercise program
and participate in other unsupervised activities. For tips on walking as
- Heart Disease: Walking for a Healthy Heart.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
September 27, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Topics