Chest Problems - Prevention
The following tips may prevent chest problems or injuries.
- Stay in good overall physical shape. Do stretching and range-of-motion (ROM) exercises for your arms and shoulders.
- Maintain good posture. Stand straight and relaxed, without slumping.
- Warm up well and stretch before any activity.
- Wear protective gear during contact sports or recreational activities, such as hockey or football.
- Wear your seat belt when in a motor vehicle.
- Make sure your child's backpack is the right size with good support. Carrying heavy backpacks may increase his or her risk of chest problems or injury.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
August 26, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.