Chest Pain - Prevention
The following tips may prevent chest problems or injuries.
- Stay in good overall physical shape. Do stretching and range-of-motion (ROM) exercises for
your arms and shoulders.
- Maintain good posture. Stand straight and
relaxed, without slumping.
- Warm up well and stretch before any
- Wear protective gear during contact sports or recreational
activities, such as hockey or football.
- Wear your seat belt
when in a motor vehicle.
- Make sure your child's backpack is the right size with
good support. Carrying heavy backpacks may increase his or her risk of chest
problems or injury.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
September 25, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.