10 Questions to Ask Doctor About Heart Disease
Since you’ve recently been diagnosed with heart disease, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- What caused my heart problem?
- How severe is my heart problem?
- What treatments do I need? What are the side effects?
- Should I start a cardiac rehab program to make my heart stronger?
- What should I do if my symptoms get worse quickly?
- What can I do to prevent this from getting worse or having a heart problem again?
- Should I eat different foods?
- How will this affect my activities, such as having sex, working, or caring for my children or grandchildren?
- What can I do to feel less stress and worry?
- How often do I need to come in for an office visit?
Under the Affordable Care Act, many health insurance plans will cover preventive care services, including blood pressure and cholesterol screenings, at no cost to you. Learn more.
Health Insurance Center