Gas, Bloating, and Burping - Check Your Symptoms
Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- You passed out (lost consciousness).
- You vomit blood or what looks like coffee grounds.
- You pass maroon or very bloody stools.
- You have chest pain or pressure. This may occur with:
After calling 911, chew 1 adult-strength aspirin. Wait for an ambulance. Do not try to drive yourself.
- Shortness of breath.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Pain that spreads from the chest to the neck, jaw, or one or both shoulders or arms.
- Feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
- A fast or uneven pulse.
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You have severe belly pain.
- Your stools are black and tarlike or have streaks of blood.
- You have trouble swallowing.
- You are losing weight and do not know why.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- You do not get better as expected.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Gas, Bloating, and Burping Topics