Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Hepatitis C
Going to the doctor can be intimidating. You might feel rushed and forget to ask questions that are important. It's always a good idea to know what to ask beforehand and to take notes when with the doctor. Some of the questions below may be worth asking. Print out this page and take it with you to your next appointment. Consider taking a friend or family member with you to take notes and ask questions.
1. What kinds of hepatitis C tests will I need to have?
2. Are there any medications that might help?
3. How do I know when I should call the doctor?
4. How physically active can I be with hepatitis C?
5. What drugs should I avoid?
6. What can I do to prevent the progression of the disease?
7. What can I do to prevent others from becoming infected with my HCV?
8. Are my family members at risk for hepatitis C?
9. Should I be vaccinated against other types of hepatitis?
10. How will we monitor my liver's condition?