Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Ingram Publishing, Medical RF.com
2) Garry Watson/Photo Researchers Inc
3) Katz Arni
4) Richard Ross/Photographer’s Choice
5) Chad Ehlers
6) Sam Edwards/OJO Images
8) Gregor Schuster/Iconica
9) James Cavallini/Photo Researchers Inc
11) Digital Vision
12) M Fermariello/De Agostini Editore
13) Jupiter Images
16) Polka Dot Images
17) Olivier Voisin/Photo Researchers Inc
18) Philippe Garo/Photo Researchers Inc
19) Arthur Glauberman/Photo Researchers Inc
20) Du Cane Medical Imaging Ltd./Photo Researchers Inc
21) Publiphoto/Photo Researchers Inc
22) Jeffrey Hamilton/Lifesize
23) Image Source
Allegheny General Hospital Liver Cancer Network.
American Cancer Society web site.
American Liver Foundation web site.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention web site.
Hepatitis Foundation web site.
John W. Ward, MD, director, division of viral hepatitis, CDC, Atlanta.
Melissa Palmer, MD, clinical professor of medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York City.
National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse.
Pediatrics, published online Feb. 1, 2011.
The Nemours Foundation.
World Health Organization web site.
Reviewed by Jennifer Robinson, MD on July 05, 2016
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.