What Increases Your Risk
IBS tends to be more common in:
- People in their late 20s.
- People who have panic disorder or other psychological conditions.
- People who have a family history of IBS.
- People who have a history of physical or sexual abuse or other psychological trauma. Several studies have found a link between a past history of abuse and gastrointestinal disorders.3
- People who have other conditions such as depression, migraine headaches, and fibromyalgia.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.