What Increases Your Risk
Risk factors for
- Exposure to
- Blistering sunburns at any time of life
sun exposure, every now and then
- Fair skin that doesn't tan and tends to
sunburn or freckle
- Numerous moles and/or more than one
- A large mole you had since
- Eye or hair color.
- Blue or green eyes
- Red or blond hair
- A personal or family history of
- Certain gene changes.
Xeroderma pigmentosum, a skin disease.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
February 08, 2011
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.