Are There Treatments That Can Reduce the Symptoms Associated With Perimenopause? continued...
You may also feel better if you do things that enhance your general well-being, such as:
- Stop smoking if you smoke
- Get more sleep and try going to sleep and waking up at the same time each day
- Decrease the amount of alcohol you drink
- Get to a healthy weight and stay there
- Get enough calcium in your diet
- Ask your doctor if you should take a multivitamin
Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing problems with your sex drive. He or she may be able to recommend a counselor or therapist to help you and your partner work through this issue. Vaginal lubricants may also be recommended, if vaginal dryness is a problem.
Additional treatments available to help with the various symptoms of perimenopause may include antidepressant medications for mood swings.
Talk to your doctor about your specific symptoms and goals of treatment. This will help him or her in developing the plan that is right for you.