Learning to Relax During Menopause
How Can I Relax During Menopause? continued...
Mental imagery relaxation: Mental imagery relaxation, or guided imagery, is a proven form of focused relaxation that helps create harmony between the mind and body. Guided imagery coaches you in creating calm, peaceful images in your mind -- a "mental escape." Identify your self-talk, that is, what you are saying to yourself about what is going on with you. It is important to identify negative self-talk and develop healthy, positive self-talk. By making affirmations, you can counteract negative thoughts and emotions. Here are some positive statements you can practice
- Let go of things I cannot control.
- I am healthy, vital, and strong.
- There is nothing in the world I cannot handle.
- All my needs are met.
- I am completely and utterly safe.
- Every day in every way I am getting stronger.