Since you've recently been diagnosed with menopause, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. What, if any, treatment do I need for menopause?
2. Is hormone replacement therapy right for me? What are the side effects, and how can I deal with them?
3. How will menopause affect my sex life?
4. How does menopause affect other diseases or conditions I have?
5. Does menopause increase my risk for other conditions? What tests or screenings should I have now, and how often?
7. Should I make any changes to my diet?
8. How much and what kinds of exercise should I be doing?
9. Are there other lifestyle habits that could be especially helpful for me?
10. How long does menopause typically last, and how will I know when it's over?