Benefits of Quitting Alcohol or Drugs - Topic Overview
Treatment can help you stop using alcohol or drugs. When you free
yourself from alcohol or drugs, you can focus on your relationships, work,
health, and other things that are important to you.
Quitting alcohol or drug use may make it easier to care for your
family, keep a job, pay the rent, and buy things you need, like clothes and
Other positive changes can happen too. You may:
- Have better health.
- Make new friends that aren't
involved with drugs or alcohol.
- Have fewer symptoms of mental
- Improve your relationships with friends and
- Be less likely to be around dangerous people or
- Find other interests and ways to spend your