Teen Substance Abuse: Signs in Your Teen's Friendships - Topic Overview
You may see changes in your teen's relationships with peers if he or
she is drinking alcohol or using other drugs. Some questions for you to
- Has your teen changed friends recently? Has your
teen started associating with an older group of teens or young
- What do you know about your teen's friends?
your teen's friends seem to have a negative attitude? What is their attitude
toward substance use (cigarettes, alcohol, inhalants, and other
- Have your teen's friends been in trouble with the
- Have you noticed that your teen has frequent short phone
calls? Have you noticed that callers hang up when an adult answers the
- Does your teen spend a lot of time alone? (Some teens prefer
to use substances when they are alone.)
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
August 19, 2010
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Teen Substance Abuse: Signs in Your Teen's Friendships Topics