Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Headaches and Migraines
Review these questions on migraines and headaches before visiting your doctor:
- How can I identify my headache triggers?
- What should I keep track of in a headache diary?
- Could any of my medicines (such as birth control pills) be making my migraines worse?
- Is there a chance my migraines might go away in a few years?
- Can hypnosis, biofeedback, or other nondrug treatments help?
- Could over-the-counter drugs be strong enough to ease my pain?
- Am I a good candidate for prescription medications that prevent migraines?
- What are the potential side effects of the drugs you have prescribed? What can I do to minimize them?
- Are there some lifestyle changes that might help prevent my headaches, such as exercise or meditation?
- How might my migraines affect my life and what changes, if any, should I make?
© 2013 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.