Tips for Living Well With Multiple Sclerosis
Make the most of every day despite MS.
6 Super Tips in the MS Connections Game
- Take the time to find good matches for your changing abilities. For
example, lowering a counter in the kitchen so you can sit when you cook or
adapting your workplace to fit your new needs helps keep you in the game.
- Like learning a new game, staying on top of MS can seem difficult, but it’s
worth the effort. The more you learn about MS and its treatment -- and the more
myths you put to rest -- the better you’ll cope.
- Losing a few games can put a damper on your mood. So can the daily dealings
of MS. Depression is very common in people with MS, but it can be conquered.
Talk to a counselor or a friend -- get help.
- When you first played this game, maybe you thought you couldn’t win. MS can
be like that. There are so many things you think you can’t do that you forget
what you can: From starting and raising a family to staying on at a job you
- Without a list you can’t win this game -- and without a plan on how to meet
the challenges of MS, you’ll find it hard to cope. Lots of others are dealing
with similar issues -- and they have solutions. Get in touch with a support
- Sometimes MS can put you off your game, affecting sex drive, energy, and
self-esteem. Fortunately there’s help for every complication. Reach out --
others with MS know what you’re going through.