Going to the doctor can be intimidating. You might feel rushed and forget to ask questions that are important. It's always a good idea to know what to ask beforehand and to take notes when you are with the doctor. Some of the osteoarthritis questions below may be worth asking. Print out this page and take it with you to your next appointment.
1. What caused my osteoarthritis?
2. I know someone with rheumatoid arthritis. Is this the same as osteoarthritis?
3. What drugs can I take if I frequently have stomach problems with pain relievers?
4. What are some appropriate exercises for someone with osteoarthritis?
5. Will stretching and flexing the joint help it feel better?
6. Why does the weather affect my osteoarthritis symptoms?
7. Does physical activity help osteoarthritis or will it make my symptoms worse?
8. Are there alternative or complementary treatments I should consider?
9. Should I see a physical therapist or other health care provider?
10. What can I do to prevent my osteoarthritis from getting worse?