Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long
have you had your symptoms?
- What were you doing when your symptoms
- Have you had this problem in the past?
- What was the diagnosis?
- How was
- How and when did an injury occur? How was it
treated? Were illegal drugs or alcohol involved in your
- Have you had any injuries in the past to the same area? Do
you have any continuing problems because of the previous
- Have you ever had knee surgery?
activities, related to sports, work, or your lifestyle, make your symptoms
better or worse?
- Do you think that activities related to your job
or hobbies caused your symptoms?
- What home treatment measures have
you tried? Did they help?
- What nonprescription medicines have you
taken? Did they help?
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
May 23, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.