Swelling - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long
have you had your symptoms?
- What do you think is causing the
- What specific body area is swollen?
- Did the
swelling begin suddenly, or did it develop gradually?
- Is the
swelling always present? Is it worse in the morning or the
- Have you had this problem before? If so, do you know what
caused the problem at that time? How was it treated?
activities make your symptoms better or worse?
- Do you think that activities related to your
job or hobbies caused your symptoms?
- Do you do sports
- Have you recently moved from a different climate,
such as from a colder climate to one with more heat or
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
July 24, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.