Swelling - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- What do you think is causing the swelling?
- What specific body area is swollen?
- Did the swelling begin suddenly, or did it develop gradually?
- Is the swelling always present? Is it worse in the morning or the evening?
- Have you had this problem before? If so, do you know what caused the problem at that time? How was it treated?
- What activities make your symptoms better or worse?
- Do you think that activities related to your job or hobbies caused your symptoms?
- Do you do sports activities?
- Have you recently moved from a different climate, such as from a colder climate to one with more heat or humidity?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.