What Is Palliative Care?
Getting Palliative Care
- Why is palliative care being recommended to me?
- When am I eligible for services?
- Are there treatments I must stop, and why?
- Which ones may I continue?
- Where is the palliative care team or program based?
- Where can I receive this care?
- Who is on the palliative care team?
- How does the team work together to provide care?
- Are there volunteers available to me?
- What can volunteers do?
You and Your Family
- How will my family and loved ones be included in my care?
- How can my loved ones and I get information and learn caregiving skills to meet my care needs?
Comfort and Pain
- How does the care team talk with my doctor?
- How do I get emergency treatment for pain and other symptoms during the day and after hours?
- How will the care team address our spiritual and emotional needs?
What If I Don't Live at Home?
Can care be delivered to me in a nursing home or other facility?
What other services will be offered to me?