What is a good basic skin regimen for improving acne?
Alan Rockoff, MD
These are all good, basic skin regimens that may help with the acne battle:
- Cleanse twice daily with a 5% benzoyl peroxide wash. An alternative for those who are allergic to benzoyl peroxide is 2% salicylic acid.
- Apply a gel or cream containing 5% benzoyl peroxide; an alternative is sulfur or resorcinol.
- At night, apply a spot cream containing sulfur to the affected areas.
- Use a light skin moisturizer and water-based, oil-free makeup.
- Use a clean washcloth each time you wash your face.