Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Breastfeeding
- How often should I breastfeed my baby? And, for how long per feeding?
- How can I tell if my baby is getting enough to eat?
- Should I supplement the breastfeeding with baby formula? Should I give my baby fluoride supplements to strengthen his teeth since I am breastfeeding?
- My baby is having trouble latching on to my breast? What should I do?
- My breasts are sore and cracked from breastfeeding. Are there any creams that I can use to make them better?
- I have been getting a lot of headaches since having my baby, is it OK to take aspirin while I am breastfeeding? Are there any medications I should avoid?
- Are there any specific foods and beverages I should avoid? Can I drink alcohol and caffeine?
- I am going back to work and have started pumping my breast milk. How long can I keep it at room temperature? In the refrigerator? In the freezer? And can I reuse leftover breast milk?
- Throughout my pregnancy I planned to breastfeed but now that I am actually doing it I really don't like it. Am I a bad mom if I stop?
- I really enjoy breastfeeding my baby, but I am not comfortable doing it in public. How can I continue giving my baby breast milk but not be so isolated?
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.