Diaper Rash - Check Your Symptoms
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- Your baby has pimples, blisters, open sores, or scabs in the diaper area.
- Your baby has signs of an infection from diaper rash, including:
- Increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness.
- Red streaks leading from the rash.
- Pus draining from the rash.
- A fever.
Watch closely for changes in your child's health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- Your baby's rash is mainly in the skin folds. This could be a yeast infection.
- Your baby's diaper rash looks like a rash that is on other parts of his or her body.
- Your baby's rash is not better after 2 or 3 days of treatment.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.