Diaper Rash - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- How long has the rash been present?
- Has the rash changed since you first saw it?
- What home treatment have you tried? Did it help?
- Have you had problems with a rash in the diaper area before? If yes, when and how was it treated?
- Has there been any recent diarrhea?
- Are any prescription and nonprescription medicines being taken? Have antibiotics been taken recently?
- Has there been a change in diet?
- Are you using a new type of diaper or incontinence brief?
- Have you recently changed bathing or laundry products?
- Is there a history of family skin disorders or allergies?
- Does a caregiver have any yeast infection, particularly a vaginal yeast infection?
- Are any health risks present?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.