Postpartum: First 6 Weeks After Childbirth - Recovery At Home
Care after a C-section
If you had a C-section, you will need to take it easy while the
- Avoid strenuous activities, such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, and aerobic exercise, for 6 weeks or until your doctor says it is okay.
- Until your doctor says it is okay, don't lift anything heavier than your baby.
- You may have some vaginal bleeding. Wear pads. Do not use tampons until your doctor says it is okay.
- Hold a pillow over your incision when you cough or take deep breaths. This will support your belly and decrease your pain.
- You may shower as usual. Pat the incision dry when you are done.
For more information, see the topic Cesarean Section.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 02, 2011
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Postpartum: First 6 Weeks After Childbirth Topics