Allergies, Recalls, Chemicals? How to Feed Your Kids Safely
5 Quick and Healthy Lunches .
O'Brien's ideas for easy meals that are low in chemicals but high in kid appeal:
1. Fresh bread with tomato sauce for dipping, an rBGH-free cheese stick or string cheese, and applesauce.
2. Salami, a piece of fresh bread, carrots, and leftover dinner noodles with olive oil or grated cheese.
3. PB&J on fresh bread, color-free potato chips, and a smoothie.
4. An English muffin topped with tomato sauce, rBGH-free cheese, and deli meat, veggies, or whatever you can get away with. Then sandwich the "pizza pie" with the other half of the English muffin. Add a piece of fruit for dessert.
5. Rice and beans — add a side of salsa or guacamole to stir in, and a piece of fruit.
Originally published on May 19, 2009
Related content from redbookmag.com
How to Raise a Healthy Eater
5 Symptoms Moms Can Relax About (And 4 Never to Ignore)
Vote For the Hottest Moms (And Submit Yourself!)
Why Being Less Protective is Better For Your Kids
The Lies Women Tell Their Doctors