ham (Chef Lizzie likes to use prosciutto.)
unsalted butter (or olive oil)
parmesan cheese (Chef Lizzie likes to use freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.)
- Crack 1 whole egg into mixing bowl.
- Crack second egg into small bowl; remove and discard the yolk.
- Add egg white of second egg to mixing bowl with whole egg. Scramble eggs with pesto.
- Tear the ham into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat pan on medium heat. Add butter and move butter around to coat pan. Pour egg mixture into pan. Add ham pieces to egg mixture.
- Slowly move eggs in the pan in a push/pull motion with spatula until cooked. Top with cheese.
Green Eggs and Ham can be served with a small fruit salad topped with a drizzle of honey or agave nectar and sesame seeds or chopped walnuts. It can also be served with a side of whole-grain toast topped with 100% all-fruit preserves.
Makes: 1 serving
* Nutritional Guidelines based on the USDA's MyPlate Standards.
- Fat14.9 g
- Cholesterol305.8 mg
- Sodium561.1 mg
- Carbohydrates2.1 g
- Sugars0.3 g
- Protein16 g
February 02, 2015
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.