low-sodium chicken broth
sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
small pat of butter
- Rinse the cauliflower.
- Cut it in 4 pieces and remove any large pieces of stem.
- Put cauliflower in a medium pot with broth. Add a pinch of salt. If broth does not cover cauliflower, add water until it is covered.
- Boil about 10 to 15 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Spoon out cauliflower into a blender. Add a couple large spoons of broth to blender. Cover blender with lid. Blend on high until creamy. You may have to add more broth, a spoon at a time (do not add too much), until cauliflower blends.
Add a small pat of butter and pepper to serving bowls.
Makes: 4 servings
* Nutritional Guidelines based on the USDA's MyPlate Standards.
- Fat5 g
- Cholesterol7.6 mg
- Sodium870.5 mg
- Carbohydrates14.2 g
- Sugars4.3 g
- Protein9 g
February 02, 2015
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.