4 or 5
sweet (Vidalia) onion
1 to 2
extra-virgin olive oil
dried rosemary or oregano (optional)
sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Peel the carrots. Cut them diagonally into 1 1/2-inch slices.
- Rinse and dry the potatoes. Keep the skin on. Cut them into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Peel the onion. Cut it into quarters. Separate some of the slices.
- Toss veggies with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the rosemary or oregano now, if you wish.
- Arrange veggies in a single layer on pan.
- Roast 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Stir veggies around on pan.
- Roast another 20 minutes. The veggies should be lightly brown around the edges.
Time-saving Tip: If you are serving the veggies along with the chicken fingers, save time by baking them together. Roast the veggies for the first 15 minutes as you normally would. When placing the veggies back in the oven after stirring, put the chicken in the oven with them on a separate rack. They can bake together for 20 minutes.
Makes: 4 servings
* Nutritional Guidelines based on the USDA's MyPlate Standards.
- Fat5.6 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium778.4 mg
- Carbohydrates74.8 g
- Sugars7.4 g
- Protein8.6 g
January 13, 2012
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.