low-fat milk, or unsweetened plain soymilk
large egg, lightly beaten
strawberries, hulled and sliced
fresh mint, for garnish
- Grind tapioca in a blender or coffee grinder until it is a fine granular powder.
- Whisk milk (or soymilk), maple syrup, egg and the tapioca in a small heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from the heat, stir in vanilla and transfer to a medium bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface. Refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Whip cream using an electric mixer or whisk in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the tapioca mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Spoon 1/4 cup strawberries into each of six 8-ounce parfait glasses or wineglasses. Top each with 1/3 cup tapioca cream. Repeat with another layer of strawberries and tapioca cream. Garnish with the remaining berries and a sprig of mint.
Makes: 6 servings, about 1 cup each
* Nutritional Guidelines based on the USDA's MyPlate Standards.
- Fat2 g
- Cholesterol41 mg
- Carbohydrates36 g
- Protein6 g
- Sodium67 mg
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to