soy sauce, reduced-sodium
sake, or mirin
light brown sugar
fresh ginger, minced
boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Whisk soy sauce, sake (or mirin), brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or 1-gallon sealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours. Remove from the marinade and pat dry.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or position a rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
- To grill: Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side.
- To broil: Line a broiler pan (or baking sheet) with foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the foil. Broil, watching carefully and turning at least once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 10 to 15 minutes total.
Makes: 4 servings
* Nutritional Guidelines based on the USDA's MyPlate Standards.
- Fat3 g
- Cholesterol63 mg
- Carbohydrates2 g
- Protein23 g
- Sodium263 mg
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to