Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Rheumatoid Arthritis
Since you’ve recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- How advanced is my arthritis? Is there damage to my joints?
- Do I have the rheumatoid factor antibody? What does that tell you about my condition?
- What are the potential side effects of my RA medicines?
- How can I prevent those side effects? When should I call you about them?
- What should I do when the pain flares?
- What types of exercise should I do?
- Would physical therapy help me?
- Are there any natural or complementary treatments I could try?
- Are there any foods I should avoid?
- Do I need to make any adjustments at work?
- Do you recommend that I look for a clinical trial?