Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Rheumatoid Arthritis
Since you’ve recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- How advanced is my arthritis?
- Do I have the rheumatoid factor antibody? What is the significance of its presence and level?
- What are the potential side effects of my drugs and how will they be monitored?
- How should I treat those side effects? When should I call you about them?
- Should I try one of the newer disease-modifying drugs that are injected?
- What should I use when the pain flares?
- Would a Cox-2 inhibitor be a better choice for me than other NSAIDs?
- What exercises would be best for me?
- Would physical therapy be appropriate for me?
- Are there any clinical trials appropriate for me?