Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Schizophrenia
Since you or a loved one was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- How soon after starting medication will I notice an improvement?
- What are the chances of becoming symptom-free?
- What side effects should I expect from the medication? How can side effects be managed if they happen?
- Is it safe to drink alcohol, and if so, how much?
- How long should I expect to take the treatment?
- What should I do if I have an emergency, or if my symptoms get worse between office visits?
- What other kinds of services could help me?
- What symptoms might be an early warning of a relapse? What should I do if I notice these symptoms?
- What should I tell my friends, family, and work colleagues about my condition?
- Is it safe for me to work, drive, and provide care for others?