No Need to Be a Dating Dud
TOP 10 Dating Tips from the experts
Here's the Top Ten list from dating experts:
- Be realistic. "People get disappointed when they are expecting a knight
in shining armor on a white horse and he shows up in a Volkswagen," Falzone
- Get out of the house. "Romance is not going to come knocking on the
door," Karsner says. Instead of having coffee at home before work, get
coffee in route to the office and try different places.
- Don't talk about your ex or yourself too much. "You have two ears and
one mouth, use them in that proportion," Falzone says.
- Extend your vacation mindset. "You smile more on vacation and look at
strangers, so take that mindset into your everyday workplace and life,"
- Keep it light. "You don't have to get into deep, dark secrets the first
time that you meet," Falzone says.
- Break out the good stuff. "Wear your favorite dress or outfit, don't
let it sit in your closet," Karsner says. "Make that special occasion
- If you are really shy, have a cocktail before you go out to loosen yourself
up, Falzone says. He does not condone heavy drinking or any drinking among
people with alcohol problems.
- Sharpen your appreciation skills. "One of the things I end up coaching
people on is overcoming a jaded heart," Karsner says. "Be open to
possibilities and see the good in everything that comes along."
- Treat everyone you date as you would want your brother or sister to be
treated, Falzone says.
- Keep romance alive. Be creative and active and choose customized romance
over generic romance, Godek says.
For more information about Together Dating Service and The
Right One, call (800) 818-DATE, or visit www.togetherdating.com and
www.therightone.com. For more information about U-Date or the romance
institute, visit the web sites at http://www.udate.com and