Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Science Source, Dr P. Marazzi, Dr. Harout Tanielian, Biophoto Associates / Photo Researchers Inc.
2) London Scientific Films
3) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc.
4) Juergen Berger / Photo Researchers, Interactive Medical Media LLC , Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
5) Science Source/Photo Researchers, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
6) BSIP/Photo Researchers Inc
7) Interactive Medical Media LLC
8) Interactive Medical Media LLC, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, Dr. Harold Fisher/Visuals Unlimited
9) Eye of Science/Photo Researchers Inc
10) Dr. M.A. Ansary / Photo Researchers, Inc., Science Source, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
11) Bildagentur RM/Tips Italia
12) Bruce Forester/Photographer's Choice
13) IMA / Photo Researchers Inc
14) Dr. M.A. Ansary / Photo Researchers, Inc., David M. Phillips / Photo Researchers, Inc, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Dermatolog
15) Dr. M.A. Ansary / Photo Researchers, Inc.
16) Judith Glick / Phototake
17) Clarissa Leahy/Photographer's Choice
18) Christoph Martin/Lifesize
19) George Diebold/Photographer's Choice
20) Michael Winokur/Workbook Stock
21) John Lamb/Stone
22) UHB Trust/Stone
23) Alan Powdrill/Stone
American Social Health Association.
American Social Health Association's National Herpes Resource Center.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention web site.
FDA web site.
Fleming, et al. The New England Journal of Medicine, Oct. 16, 1997.
March of Dimes web site.
Merck Manual, 17th edition.
National HIV Testing Resources.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
National Institutes of Health.
The Nemours Foundation's Kids Health web site.
U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.
Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS on September 15, 2015
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.