Sexual Problems in Women - Exams and Tests
Your doctor will work with you to identify your symptoms. He or she will:
- Ask questions about your medical history and the medicines you're taking.
- Ask questions about your sexual history.
- Have you answer a set of written questions that will give your doctor more details about your sexual problem.
- Do a physical exam, in some cases. This may include a pelvic exam if you are having pain during sex.
- Order tests, if they are needed. For example, blood tests can check hormone levels and thyroid function.
It can be embarrassing to talk about sexual problems. It may help to remember that a sexual problem is no different than any other health problem. There is usually a treatment that will help.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
April 30, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.