Fungal nail infections often come back after treatment. It is important
to take steps to prevent this.
- Before bed, wash and dry your feet carefully.
- Wear sandals or roomy shoes made of materials that allow
moisture to escape. Let shoes dry for 24 hours before you wear them
- Wear socks. Change them if your feet get sweaty.
- Do not share nail files or clippers, socks, towels, or other
- Wear flip-flops or shower sandals in wet public areas, such as
locker rooms or showers.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 27, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.